One Of Us Is The Mother Now?
Tales From The Nursing Home
Sharon's new show for everyone…
but especially for those who are taking care of an elderly parent…
and trying to do the best they can.
Click HERE to
see where it has been performed
Download a flyer and full description HERE
|This show is for:||And especially for:|
|Adult children who
• who are getting a little confused as they grow older
• with Alzheimer’s
• with dementia
• in a nursing home
• in assisted living
• living with them (the offspring)
• living by themselves (with offspring worrying)
• who are uncooperative making decisions especially about any transitions
• who are on (or need to be on) anti-anxiety drugs or drugs for depression
• who are mildly delusional, angry, paranoid
• who may need to be evaluated at the psychiatric ward of a hospital
son or daughter who is the chief caretaker or advocate
• the son or daughter who doesn’t have much help from other family members (may include real problems within the family)
• the daughter or son who has to make the decision about a nursing home or other facility
• the chief person in charge of quality of life and dignity for her/his parent
• the chief person trying to negotiate various parts of the health care system.
(This ultimately includes figuring out how to get the best from a large number of nurses, medical directors, directors of nursing, nurse practitioners, aides, psychiatrists, OTs and PTs in a nursing home, assisted living place, or any other situation.)
• the person who also needs to work with Hospice.
• the daughter or son who faces death with her/his parent and also has to make all the decisions.
|and also for:|
|those who work with, work at, run, or supervise continuing care facilities, senior centers, assisted living facilities, hospice programs, and nursing and rehab homes and hospitals.|
Would you like to have Sharon perform for your group? Contact her.